- The minimal age for obtaining this certificate is 18 years.
- The candidate will present a good health certificate and a certificate proving good eye sight, including colour discernment.
- The candidate will have to pass a First Aid and Resuscitation course taught by Magen David Adom or some other body authorized to teach such a course.
- The candidate will have to pass the following examinations:
- A theoretical grade C seamanship examination
- A Navigation grade A (Chart-work) examination
- A theoretical Navigation grade B examination
- A theoretical machinery and boat-related electricity examination
- A final examination as a Skipper of a Motor-Sailer
- The GRADE 30 skipper is permitted to operate launches of every output, excluding commercial launches, carrying fare-paying passengers.
- The GRADE 30 skipper is permitted to operate motor boats, sailing boats and motor-sailers within coastal waters.
- This authorization does not permit operating a boat on a foreign voyage. The requirements for such an authorization will be enumerated in the chapter “GRADE 60 Authorization”.
- The GRADE 30 skipper is not permitted to operate a PWC.
AUTHORIZATION TO OPERATE A BOAT IN COASTAL-WATERS