- The authorization is for operating a small tug in coastal waters.
- The candidate’s age has to be at least 20 years.
- The candidate has to have a GRADE 30 and/or 60 certificate for at least 2 years.
- The candidate is obliged to present an “Absence of Criminal Record” certificate, issued by the Israel Police
- The candidate has to present a confirmation proving his employment as a crew-member of a tug for a period of at least one year.
- The candidate will present a good health certificate and a certificate proving good eye-sight, including colour discernment.
- The candidate will have to pass a First Aid and Resuscitation course taught by Magen David Adom or some other body authorized to teach such a course.
- The candidate will be obliged to pass a Fire Fighting and a Life Saving course on the M/V “Dado”.
- The candidate will have successfully passed a theoretical examination for a small tug.
- The candidate will have successfully passed a practical examination for a small tug.
- The candidate will present a VHF-restricted Radio Operator’s license or a such a license with a link to G.M.D.S.S.
- A GRADE 50 operator is not permitted to operate a PWC.
Back to top